~ Welcome to Year 5 ~
Your Teachers are Miss Barry (5B, Year Group Leader), Miss East (5E) and Mr Lovell (5L). We are supported by Mrs McGinley (TA) and Mrs Edwards (cover supervisor). Our HTLA's responsible for PPA class cover are Mrs Cook (HLTA), Mrs Sharp (HLTA) and Mrs Walsh (HLTA).
Reading for at least 15 minutes each day, 5 times per week, will also be expected as part of your child's homework. It is important to support your child with daily reading as this has a huge impact on their understanding, imagination, creativity and learning across all subjects. In Year 5, it is important to do a mixture of independent reading, reading with an adult and for your child to independently record their opinions about the book in their Reading Record.
Homework is set weekly and due in the following week. Homework will usually consist of spellings and a piece of Maths homework. Occasionally, children may be asked to create a project to present in class.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Year 5 Team
~ Announcements ~
Parents please note:
- Swimming will begin Tuesday 18th April 2023. Children must wear their PE kit for the entirety of the school day.
- Summer Uniform ONLY is allowed to be worn this time of year. Please ensure that your child is wearing the Summer Uniform and not the Winter Uniform. A mixture of both is not permitted.
- Girls wearing the opened collared blouse are NOT permitted to wear normal school shirts with an unbuttoned collar.
- Please can you ensure that hair beyond shoulder length is tied back with hairbands that are simple in design and in school colours (Red, Blue, Yellow or Grey).
- On Friday 23rd June, KS2 will be holding their Sports Day on the School Field. Parents are welcome to join!!
- ***PARENTS PLEASE READ*** 5B, 5E and 5L WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL PUPILS ON WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY 2023 AND FRIDAY 7TH JULY 2023 DUE TO INDUSTRIAL STRIKE ACTION. CHILDREN ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN AT HOME DURING THIS TIME. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUING SUPPORT.
The Year 5 Teaching Team
~ Our Weekly Learning Focus ~
Week Beginning 03.07.23
In Writing this week, we will be writing a diary entry in role using emotive language.
In Reading this week, we will be beginning our new class text 'Clockwork: All Wound Up' by Philip Pullman.
In Mathematics this week, we will be continuing to look at conversions.
In Religious Education this week, we will comparing ways in which the Bible tells us to be selfless (Leviticus, The Holy Gospel of Luke).
In Science this week, we will be researching the reproduction of plants.
In Computing this week, we will learning about stop motion.
In Geography this week, we will be labeling the features of a river (upper course, middle course and lower course).