What we have been learning in our Year 1 First term
We have been working on our recovery curriculum, alongside the regular Year 1 curriculum. Here are some of the areas we have been covering listed below. We have attached some worksheets, so that you can allow your child to re-cap the learning from this term. I will also be adding some of the songs we use in school.
- Counting on and back from numbers 1-100. We do this to find 1 or 2 more and 1 or 2 less.
- Learning to count in 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Finding number bonds to 10.
- Re-cap 2d shapes and using a Venn and Carroll diagram.
- Pattern recognition and Symmetry.
- Comparing and ordering numbers most and least etc.
- Writing numbers to 20 in words.
- Estimation and using counting in 5's to count accurately. Using our previous estimation and count check, to make a sensible prediction based on what we already know.
- We have been looking at the book 'How to find Gold'. We have been writing in speech and thought bubbles. We have been adding adjectives to our writing.
- We have written in script form and wrote story maps.
- We have been learning about our body including our bones and senses.
- We have been looking at the different Seasons of the year.
October half-term Autumn 1 practice sheets
Attitudes and Dispositions
Curriculum Overview for Year 1-Subjects covered (Recovery Curriculum included)
Welcome to Year 1!
Our teachers are Mrs Foley, Miss Gander and Mrs Obende. We are supported by
Mrs Cantwell and Mrs Lochowska in 1O
Mrs Watras and Mrs Perry in 1F
Mrs Hubbard in 1G Mrs Hubbard
PE will commence week beginning 14-09-20. Please ensure that your child brings in their PE kit (which must be labelled). As we will be continuing PE on the field (due to Covid) it is advisable that you purchase the tracksuit, in preparation for the colder months. You will also be allowed to wear a plain black pair of trainers (inexpensive please) as these are better for our outdoor activities.
Please ensure that from week beginning 21-09-20 that reading records are signed and returned to school daily. If you have a message for your class teacher, please write this in the diary and let your child hand this to the teacher as they walk through the gate (we are unable to look in every child's diary on a daily basis). Reading books will be changed every Friday.
Homework is issued on a Friday online, these should be printed and practised daily. There will be a reading and spelling check of all the words on a Friday morning. This is part of our recovery curriculum, as these were Reception words which the children usually will have secured by July. We will move onto Year 1 words, as soon as the Reception words have been re-taught.