While school is closed, your child/children must create a project based on our new topic ‘Africa’.
We have provided a list of suggested tasks, associated with Africa, below to help create their project. They are expected to complete one of these tasks, or a task they have come up with, a week.
- Research an African country of your choice and create a travel brochure aimed at persuading holidaymakers to visit your destination. You might want to consider climate, landscape, weather and activities in your chosen country.
- Construct an African drum using recycled materials of your choice or design African prints and colour them in the medium of your choice (e.g. paint).
- Research an African animal and create a PowerPoint, mini documentary or poster about that animal.
- Research an African game or sport. Create a ‘rule book’ for the game.
- Research and write about a famous African sportsman or sportswoman. This can include famous African teams e.g. cricket and football.
- Create a picture of an African landscape in the medium of your choice.
- Cook an African meal and create a document about how you made it including the ingredients your used.
- Learn the countries of Africa song.
Your child/ children must also complete the work set in the weekly folders below.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.