Our teachers are Mrs Brind, Mrs Foley and Mrs Charidza. We are supported by Mrs Hort, Mrs Wood and Mrs Sturgess.
We enjoy learning through practical play and exploration. Check out the links below to see what we have been learning about recently.
To support your children's speech, language and communication needs, Speech Links, a resource we subscribe to, have fast tracked the launch of their new Parent Portal to help with school closures. The site will be live from Friday 20th March and will provide parents with FREE speech and language advice, resources and activities. Please click here to access it.
What will we be learning this week?
Week beginning 16th March 2020
We we will thinking about what lays 'Under the Sea'. Please support your child by talking about what creatures live in the sea and discuss why.
On Thursday we will be visited by some farm animals. Please ensure that you have returned the permission slip in order for your child to take part. Thank you.
- Please could you help your child by practising the sounds that they have been learning with them. Please give them plenty of opportunities to say and write the sounds correctly. This will support your child in the beginning stages of recognising and reading the first sound in words. . Most children will be bringing home a copy of the story that they are reading in their phonics lesson. Please go over the sounds at the front of the book and listen to your child read the story. Please ensure that you have recorded the name of their book and signed to say that you have heard them read each day.
- We will be practising blending and segmenting sounds in order to read and spell words effectively. Please continue to support your child with this at home. We will use this skill to help us write questions about creatures that live 'under the sea'. The children will learn how to record the first and last sounds in the words that they want to write. We will also be learning to write the words; about, people, your, put, their. Please help your child to recognise and spell these words. You could also help your child by using these words to write a sentence.
- We will begin our topic 'Growing' in RE and will be thinking about things that grow and talk about how they might grow. We will look at how seeds grow and the conditions needed for successful growth.
- We will be learning about subtraction. We will use a range of resources and equipment to help us understand that the number gets smaller because we are 'taking away'. We will use the following vocabulary: subtraction, minus, take away and counting back. The children will learn to subtract by taking away objects. Please help your child by practising this at home using everyday objects and removing a given amount.
- In PE we will continue to move in different ways. We will also be using bats and balls outside to practise our striking and patting skills. The adventure area will be open for us to practise climbing safely.
- We will be using a variety of materials and putting them together to make a fish.
- We will continue to discuss how to be kind to each other and making sure that we make the right choices.
- We will continue to develop our friendships both in the classroom and in the outside area.
Thank you for your continued support.