Welcome to Early Years!
Our teachers are Mrs Ford, Mrs Foley and Mrs Charidza. We are supported by Mrs Hort, Mrs Wood, Mrs Peacock, Mrs Thompson, Mrs Lochowska and Mrs Adams.
We enjoy learning through practical play and exploration. Check out the links below to see what we have been learning about recently.
Enjoy exploring our page!
28-01-19 Our weekly focuses:
- RE- Discussing Celebrations and Simeon and Anna-The presentation of Jesus based on Luke 2: 22-40.
- Literacy- We will be writing stories about Pirates. We are learning to segment sounds to write words and sentences. We will be learning to read and write our high frequency words:like; some; not; then; were. The children continue to be assessed and re-grouped for phonics and most have been learning the new sounds; ar, or, air, ir. Next week they will be learning ou; oy; ire and ear .
- Physical Development- We will be learning to use a range of simple tools such as pencils, scissors, tweezers etc confidently and with control.
- Maths-Last week the children were learning about positional language and counting in 10's. This week's focus will be solving addition problems based on sharing between 2.
- Science-For Foret schools last week the children used different materials to build boats and they continue to explore floating and sinking as they continue to learn about Pirates.